I wanted to start off this post by saying that I love investing, and I love writing. Financial Horse was one of the best things that happened to me in 2018. It gave me a platform to organise my thoughts, to share them with a sophisticated and knowledgeable audience, and to receive constructive feedback. Writing week after week quickly forces you to brush up on any shortfalls in your investment knowledge, and the knowledge gain really adds up over time.
But I am only one person. I work a full time day job that limits the amount of articles I can write each week. Which is why in 2019, I wanted to open Financial Horse up to writings contributed by passionate readers, to allow you to experience the same joy of writing that I myself experienced, and to allow all readers to benefit from the meritocracy of ideas. Writing an article on a potential investment is not only cathartic, it also forces you to articulate your investment thesis in a coherent manner, and you’ll be surprised by the insights you gain just by writing it down. If nothing else, the feedback from the community here will blow you away, and I myself have learned so much just by reading the comments after each article.
The articles I am looking for are incredibly simple. If you have an original idea on investing, and are keen to share it with a larger audience, just send me an email at [email protected]
A couple of guidelines:
- Each article should be about 1000 to 2000 words in length.
- It can be on any topic related to investing or personal finance. Regardless of whether you want to write about Singpost, budgeting, or the equity-bond correlation and its breakdown, that’s all great stuff.
- However, there must be an original idea or thesis contained in each article. The goal is to enrich readers with original and new concepts that cannot be found anywhere else. There’s no easy way to apply this rule, so do use your best judgment here. If you have a great idea and think that readers in Singapore can benefit, just send it across!
- It doesn’t have to be flawless English, but it should at least be understandable.
And that’s it! It’s really as simple as that. I am flexible on:
- Credits – You may be doing this to build a name for yourself in investing, or you may already be the Ray Dalio of the Hedge Fund world. Either way, I’m not judging, and I’m happy to publish articles anonymously, or with a full write-up on your personal profile.
- Frequency – If you want to contribute a once-off article, or if you want to write monthly, that’s all perfectly acceptable.
I have absolutely no fixed conceptions on who can contribute articles here. The great thing about the internet is that it truly is an idea meritocracy. It doesn’t matter what you look like in real life, or what you do in your day job, if your idea is good, I guarantee you that it will be appreciated online. So if you are passionate about investing and want to share your ideas, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Till next time, Financial Horse, signing out!
Financial Horse has a set of 7 Commandments for Successful Investing, that I ask myself before making every investment, and that I will never break regardless of the situation. Enter your email below to receive a copy in your inbox!
Enjoyed this article? Do consider supporting us and receiving additional exclusive content!